Complete Recovery Program
Financial Access Federal Credit Union places the highest value on the information our members share with us, and we are committed to protecting our members' privacy.
As part of our commitment to fight the effects of identity theft and bring you programs of incredible value, we have joined with the nation's best provider to offer IDSafe Choice. IDSafe Choice is a complete recovery program for you and your family, so if the worst happens, you can rest assured that you won't be left to clean up the mess on your own.
IDSafe Choice Select Program - Benefits
For only $1.95 per month - less than $24 per year - IDSafe Choice Select provides you with the reassurance that if you suspect identity theft, a professional is standing by, ready to restore your good name - no matter how long it takes.
As an Financial Access Federal Credit Union consumer checking account holder, if you become a victim of identity theft you have the benefit of fully-managed identity recovery services through IDSafe Choice. This includes coverage for you, the account holder, as well as:
- Your spouse or domestic partner,
- Your dependents up to age 25 with the same permanent address, even if in college or the military, and
- Your parents - living with you or living in elder care (assisted living, nursing home, or hospice), with benefits extended up to 12 months after death.
Fully-Managed Identity Recovery - How It Works
If you or your family member suspects identity theft, or personal information becomes compromised as a result of a lost purse or wallet, a break-in, lost laptop or notification of a data breach, IDSafe Choice can help. Simply contact Financial Access Federal Credit Union, and a representative will verify your IDSafe Choice participation, and securely submit your case to a Personal Recovery Advocate, who will contact you directly. This trained and certified identity restoration professional will place fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus for you; help you access services to watch for signs of identity theft; and access your credit reports and conduct a threat assessment to determine if any identity theft has occurred. If you are victimized by identity theft, your Advocate will work on your behalf to restore your identity.
Your Advocate will:
- Place fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus for you.
- Provide you with access to credit reports from all three bureaus and review the reports with you to identify fraudulent activity.
- Assist you in completing an Identity Theft Affidavit and Declaration of Fraud to establish your rights as a victim.
- Activate credit monitoring during your recovery to help you watch for additional signs of abuse.
- Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, etc. as applicable, to address any misuse of official documentation of your identity.
- Research and document all fraudulent transactions and false accounts or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc.
- Follow up to make sure all wrongful activity is reversed and removed from your records.
- Work with local and federal law enforcement to try to stop the criminal or criminals who are using your identity.
- Activate other members of the recovery team to assist when necessary, including professional investigators and legal advisors.
- Provide 12 months of follow-up after your recovery is complete - to be sure you stay recovered!
IDSafe Choice Select Program - Enrollment
The benefit is now part of account ownership and the associated fee will be debited from your account on a monthly basis. We're counting on your participation to help keep the cost low for all covered account holders, but you may leave the group and forfeit your benefits at any time. Your coverage ceases at the end of the month in which you cancel participation. To forfeit this benefit and forego the fee, please notify a credit union employee.
- Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy for the IDSafe Choice coverage.
- Additional Identity Theft Protection
Contact us by phone at 941-748-7704, or non-local 1-877-490-8585.